WARFACE LATEST UPDATE GUIDES PLAYERS THROUGH CHERNOBYL
Exciting Special Operation mission in the city of Pripyat, new Gameplay Mechanics and Deadly New Enemies
Wednesday, December 20, 2017 —
Global publisher My.com is pleased to announce that its exciting update, titled Chernobyl, has launched on PC and includes a unique narrative driven Special Operation. In this type of operation for Warface, players choose their favorite military class and join forces with friends to take down the AI controlled enemy forces. The brand-new Special Operation called Pripyat takes the players to the iconic town in the Chernobyl exclusion zone devastated by the nuclear disaster. Crytek’s developers have carefully studied the most atmospheric abandoned city in the world by traveling there and meticulously recreating 6 square kilometers of streets and its landmarks.
On the game map, for the Pripyat special operation, strange bunkers and an enormous tower have been constructed by the game’s enemy faction, Blackwood. They have been trying to create super soldiers and it’s rumored that they conduct human experimentation in the exclusion zone. Brand new enemies and unexpected danger surely await all players.
"I'm convinced the new special operation for Warface will be appreciated by anyone who wants to immerse themselves in the mysterious atmosphere of the abandoned city of Pripyat. We tried to carefully recreate every detail of the real city. Abandoned schools, amusement parks, the hotel Polissya, the Azure pool - in these and other iconic places players will have to compete with opponents to successfully complete one of the toughest missions we ever created. In this mission the intelligent behavior of the new enemies will ask the best from each team, and players need to achieve their full potential to succeed," says Crytek’s Creative Director Mikhail Khaimzon.
Included in the Chernobyl update:
- Players who decide to try their luck in the brand-new Special Operation will face many new enemies on the streets of Pripyat. In the abandoned city you can find heavily armored Medusa drones, well-shielded turrets and SEDs, the latest in cyborg technology.
- A set of new weapons from the new “Nuclear” series.
- New bosses — confronting them will be a serious test even for experienced players.
- Explorers of Pripyat will be able to get 20 themed achievements (created specifically for Pripyat update) with 8 of them being secret.
- The 89th rank Templar is added.
- New Year’s set of weapons from the “Radiance” series.
- The New Year version of the Residence map in Blitz-mode is available (Residence Xmas).
- New Year's presents for entering the game and holiday decorations.